Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I've been tagged...

This is most interesting - this whole idea of tagging!  Everyone wants to be "it" don't they!?!

Thanks Beth (Pages of our Life) for tagging me - this should be fun, revealing and enlightening - and all at the same time!

youvebeentagged_thumb

Random and weird - ambiguous and relative terms...  therefore I will take the liberty where I find wiggle room... 

Let me do this countdown style...

7... I have completed 4 half marathons, 2 spring triathlons, and 1 olympic triathlon - all after turning 35 years old!

6... I was a bit of a radical "feminist" (in the N.O.W. sense of the word) and a self-proclaimed atheist, until the Lord go a hold of me at age 19.

5... During our long-distance "courting days", my husband, born and bred in Mississippi, sent me the following personal ad in the mail...

Man looking for good woman who loves hunting, fishing, and digging worms; has most of her teeth and owns a boat and trailer. Please send picture (of boat and trailer).

I knew I had a good man!Surprised

4... I lived in Saudi Arabia for two years when I was 9 and 10 years old.  My extracurricular activities were belly dancing and synchronized swimming!

3... After finding out I was pregnant with our second child (1997), I turned down two job promotions (that would have taken me close to a six figure salary) within six months of each other... When my second child was three months old I resigned to stay home full-time.  Hmm... is this the same gal from #6? Yes and no. Wink

2... I don't really cook (or decorate or "do lunch" or shop or garden).  Saturday evenings (sacred family Saturdays, I call them) we have our "feast" for the week. My husband mans the grill almost every Saturday (rain or shine, sun or snow) and grills enough meat to make two good left-over meals.  The other couple of nights of during the week the kids make easy Mexican meals or sandwiches.  Friday night is our classical spaghetti night (not sure this really counts as cooking), and Sunday afternoon/evenings are our breakfast dinners. My motto - simplicity!

1... I NEVER thought I would EVER be home schooling.  I kicked and screamed the first few years, shed many tears, even filled out school papers a few times.  And now I wish I hadn't been such a baby... The fruit, lifestyle, and strength it has brought to myself and my family is beyond description; more than I could have asked or imagined.

Here are the BLOGs or places I have randomly listed!

One Smart Mama

Funny Farm

Planted by streams

Journey to Learn

His by Design

Chaffee's

Looking Toward Heaven

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heather! Thanks for stopping by my blog...what a nice thing to be able to click over and learn more about you on my first visit :) I always click through and read other folks named Heather, too :) Also, I'm from NC!! I grew up there and now I'm married into the military but would love to go back some day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, Thanks for the tag...completed my list. Loved yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Heather! funny thing, your visit triggered a new blog entry.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

So ... how about you?