Saturday, August 16, 2008

Past, Present and Future


I have been sanctified...
I am being sanctified...
I will be sanctified...

Did you know all three tenses of sanctified are used in scripture?

Very interesting, isn't it?

So there is a work that has been done; a work that is being done; and eventually a work that will be done.

When talking with my kids, my sister sojourners, other parents... this principle consistently comes up... We are a work in progress -some things complete, other parts are in progress, and still other transformations yet to come.
So journey on!

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.
Phil 3:12 NASB

2 comments:

  1. Yep! I like the tense that says "still in progress". That would be me.

    :-)

    Hope all is well with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use google pages to post files. It is sooo easy! You can find the link on my other blog under "My Blog Toolbox"

    ReplyDelete

So ... how about you?